A Middle Eastern rice dish will not be complete without some type of Arabic salsa as an accompaniment, so for the Beef Kabsah I made during Hari Raya AidilAdha, I tried out Chef Ammar’s Sambal Arab. Hot and tangy, it was perfect to counter the greasy fattiness of the beef. Definitely a must, if you’re thinking Kabsah or Mandy for dinner today.
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 cili padi, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, one half peeled and deseeded, the other half juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
Add all the ingredients except the hot sauce into a blender and purée until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a bowl and drizzle with the hot sauce.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.